Tuesday, May 8, 2012

1 Nephi 3&4 Story Telling

It's funny how Nephi narrates these chapters interjecting his run in with Zoram. I always wonder how much of a choice Zoram had in the matter. I hope Laman and Lemuel didn't see 1 Nephi 4:31. I'm pretty sure they would have scoffed at the "large in stature" comment. The perks of getting to write your own narrative.

But behold I said unto them:
As the Lord liveth, and 
as we live, we will not go
down unto our father in the 
wilderness until we have
accomplished the thing
which the Lord hath commanded us.
1 Nephi 3:15 

That scripture always reminds me of Isaiah 55:10-11. God's purposes will be fulfilled. His word will go forth and "not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please."  

 For as the arain cometh
down, and the snow 
from heaven, and returneth
not thither, but watereth the 
earth, and maketh it bring
forth and bud, that it may 
give seed to the sower, and 
bread to the eater: So shall my 
word be that goeth forth 
out of my mouth: it shall
not return unto me void,
but it shall accomplish that
which I please, and it shall prosper
in the thing whereto I sent it.
Isaiah 55:10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment